When is the NDIS coming to my area?
After being trialled in sites across Australia, including the Barwon region in Victoria, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will roll out across Australia from July 2016 until 2019.
In Victoria from 1 July 2016, people who live in the local government areas of Yarra, Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik and Whittlesea will be able to access the scheme.
Over the following years the NDIS will be transitioned across Victoria as follows.
- 1 July 2016: North East Melbourne
Yarra, Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik and Whittlesea
- 1 January 2017: Central Highlands
Ararat, Ballarat, Golden Plains, Hepburn, Moorabool, Pyrenees
- 1 May 2017: Loddon
Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Greater Bendigo, Loddon, Macedon Ranges, Mount Alexander
- 1 October 2017: Ovens Murray
Alpine, Benalla, Indigo, Mansfield, Towong, Wangaratta, Wodonga
- 1 October 2017: Inner Gippsland
Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe, South Gippsland
- 1 October 2017: Wimmera South WestCorangamite, Glenelg, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Moyne, Northern Grampians, Southern Grampians, Warrnambool, West Wimmera, Yarriambiack
- 1 November 2017: Inner Eastern Melbourne
Boroondara, Manningham, Monash, Whitehorse
- 1 November 2017: Outer Eastern Melbourne
Knox, Maroondah, Yarra Ranges
- 1 March 2018: Hume Moreland
- 1 April 2018: Bayside Peninsula
Bayside, Frankston, Glen Eira, Kingston, Mornington Peninsula, Port Phillip, Stonnington
- 1 September 2018: Southern Melbourne
Cardinia, Casey, Greater Dandenong
- 1 October 2018: Brimbank Melton
- 1 October 2018: Western Melbourne
Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Wyndham
- 1 July 2019: Mallee
Buloke, Gannawarra, Mildura, Swan Hill
- 1 July 2019: Goulburn
Greater Shepparton, Mitchell, Moira, Murrindindi, Strathbogie
- 1 July 2019: Outer Gippsland
East Gippsland, Wellington
Will I be notified when the NDIS comes to my area?
When the NDIS comes to your area, it is likely that you will be contacted by the NDIS to start working on your plan.
What will happen before the NDIS comes to my area?
If your area isn’t able to access the NDIS yet, it will be ‘business as usual’ for the disability supports you receive. It’s a good idea to start understanding and thinking about the NDIS early so you can make the most of the opportunity when it’s available to you.
For NDIS enquiries or to purchase services using NDIS funding, please contact us:
Phone: 1800 966 725
To find out more about an information session or workshop, please contact our Community Engagement team:
Mobile: 0477 399 339
Phone: 03 9666 4584