Vision & mission
Our vision is a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
Our mission is to provide quality, sustainable and flexible services that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering you to live the life you choose.
Our values are at the centre of everything we do for our customers, their families, and their support network.
At Yooralla, we are:
- Customer focused in our service, and creative in our solutions.
- Courageous in speaking up, and determined in facing challenges.
- Authentic in our relationships, and honest in our conduct.
- Accountable in all our work, and responsible for our actions.
- Respectful of your choices, and embracing of diversity.
- Passionate about our work, and driven by our vision and values.
Yooralla's five-year strategic plan outlines our approach and strategic priorities from 2014 to 2020.
SMART Choices reflects our need to continue driving service transformation, to maximise the value we add for people with disability in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) environment, and to remain competitive as the speed of change accelerates.
At Yooralla, we understand that you, along with your family and support networks, want to tailor all care and assistance to your needs, from a provider(s) of your choice.
This is why Yooralla is motivated to continue to modernise our services so that customers and staff choose us, based in our demonstrated performance, along with what we stand for.
It is our expectation that, in future:
- Customer demand for high quality, innovative and diverse services will continue to increase.
- With increased competition, performance benchmarks and reporting will become ‘business as usual’.
- Staff engagement and effective management will be needed for Yooralla to be an ‘employer of choice’.
- ‘Back office’ services will need to be lean, contemporary, digital, scalable and efficient, potentially through a national approach to sourcing arrangements.
- Financial sustainability, service excellence and the reputation of our staff will become a part of our fundamental criterion.
- Engagement with customers, community and stakeholders will be clear and consistent with our vision, mission and values.
And most importantly, that we will remain a strong voice in the journey towards achieving human rights for people with disability.
In short, it is our expectation that will we deliver the Yooralla promise: empowering you to live the life you choose.
Constitution of Yooralla
Yooralla has been supporting people with disability since 1918. Today, this support encompasses not only you, but also your carer(s) and your family.
We provide essential services for children and adults with disability, their families and carers. This range of essential, quality services includes:
- accommodation alternatives
- in-home support
- attendant care
- specialised equipment
- employment assistance
- information and training, and
- practical skills for everyday living.
Yooralla's services are shaped to provide support and encouragement to those who are born with disability, as well as to those who have acquired disability through accident, ill health and aging.
We work with all our stakeholders to meet the legitimate and growing expectations of people with disability, for a more inclusive, equal and barrier-free society.
Whatever is important to you is important to us. We have the people and the services to help make it happen.
Download: Smart Choices Agenda 2020 summary (PDF, 672kb) 688kb Smart-Choices-Agenda-2020-summary-PDF,-672kb.pdf
Download: Smart Choices Agenda 2020 summary (Word, 85kb) 87kb Smart-Choices-Agenda-2020-summary-Word,-85kb.docx
Download: Yooralla Constitution (PDF, 215kb) 221kb Yooralla-Constitution.pdf
Download: Yooralla Constitution (Word, 1mb) 1060kb Yooralla-Constitution.docx