How we are keeping our customers, their families and carers safe
The safety of our customers and staff is our priority. We continuously monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and make the necessary changes to our protocols to align with Government advice.
Up to date information on current restrictions in Victoria is available on the COVID-19: Yooralla’s response page on our website.
Keeping customers safe
Yooralla’s COVID-19 safety measures have been increased including cleaning, temperature checking and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks.
The key measures we have taken include:
Minimising person-to-person contact
In providing support to customers, there is often a need for support that involves person-to-person contact. For example, support with meals and drinks, or getting dressed. To help keep customers safe our staff have been trained to:
- Wash their hands / use hand sanitiser before supporting customers.
- Guide and encourage customers as much as possible to minimise touching other people during this period.
If customers are feeling sick
- Yooralla customers in our residential services will continue to be assisted by their local Yooralla staff if they feel or become unwell.
- Yooralla customers in the community should seek medical advice, and advise Yooralla, if they feel or become unwell.
If a customer / staff member has COVID-19
- Yooralla has implemented procedures to support customers or staff who have contracted, or may have contracted, COVID-19.
- Yooralla has contingency plans to allow isolation or quarantine of COVID-19 affected customers.
Supporting customers as NDIS participants
We are working with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to support our customers as NDIS participants. The NDIS has information and support available for NDIS participants that cover:
- Latest advice and news
- Information for participants
- Priority home delivery services
- Easy English, AUSLAN and languages other than English support
Visit the NDIS for the latest information.
If you have a specific question or need to speak to Yooralla directly, please contact us.