Leave a Gift in your will
Leaving a gift in your Will for Yooralla is a meaningful, enduring legacy for people with a disability and those who support them. By including Yooralla in your Will, you are helping us shape a hopeful future for disability.
Planning to provide for your loved ones and seeking advice from your trusted advisors are important first steps when thinking of preparing your Will.
Yooralla's priority is to honour your intentions for your gift, so we do encourage you to let us know if you are intending to leave us a gift in your Will. We would like to understand your vision for your gift and be clear about what you would like to achieve with it. We would also like to be clear and transparent with you about our organisation's needs, capabilities and what we can achieve through your gift.
Yooralla remains engaged with our community of bequestors who have confirmed that they are leaving a gift in their Will for us and we keep them informed about our organisation through regular events and communications.
To discuss your interest or any questions you may have about leaving a gift in your Will for Yooralla, please contact our Director of Philanthropy, Elouise Holmes at 1800 666 010.
How to leave a gift in your Will for Yooralla
To make a bequest to Yooralla, we suggest you include the wording below in your Will. You may be writing your Will for the first time or are updating it with a codicil. We do advise that you do so with the advice of your preferred legal adviser.
I give to Yooralla
ABN 14 005 304 432
- I give ____% of my estate
- I give the residue of my estate
- I give ____% of the residue of my estate
- I give $____
- I give _______(insert specific property or shares) to be applied for the purposes of supporting people with disability. I declare that the receipt of Yooralla's authorised officer will be a sufficient discharge to my executors who will not be bound to see the application of this gift.
To direct your gift for a specific purpose, insert this clause
It is my wish that, without creating any binding trust or other obligation on Yooralla or its Directors, that the gift will as far as possible be applied for the purpose of _____________________________(insert purpose here).
Types of Bequest
There are a number of ways you can leave a gift in your will to Yooralla, depending on your personal circumstances and preferences. Some of the most common types of bequest include:
A gift of whatever is left of your estate after you have provided for your family and friends. This type of gift is often a percentage of your estate and remains proportionate to the value of your estate.
You may wish to gift a percentage of your net estate gift.
You could simply leave a set amount.
A gift or an item of value, such as shares, property or superannuation.
Yooralla is also able to receive more than one type or a combination of these gifts.
In discussing your Will with your solicitor, do remember to cover the following critical points.
- Your superannuation balance to be covered as part of your estate
- Yooralla is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and we are a Public Benevolent Institution. Gifts of $2 and above to Yooralla are tax deductible.
- Yooralla is exempt from paying capital gains tax, and therefore any "in specie" transfer of CGT assets such as investment properties or shares (instead of a sale of those assets by the executors and transfer of sale proceeds) may result in a reduced tax liability.
Information for Solicitors and Executors
If you are the Executor or legal representative of an Estate for which Yooralla is a Beneficiary, we would value you:
- notifying us of the Gift as soon as possible so that we can correct our records and stop sending communications directly addressed to the deceased donor;
- forwarding a copy of the Will and probate and let us know of further information that you need from us to receive and administer the gift; and
- giving us background information that you have on the Gift, so we can appropriately acknowledge it and also thank family and loved ones and maintain our connection with them, if they wish.
Download: Bequest guide (PDF, 892kb) 913kb Fundraising-Kit-Bequests-Booklet-2015.pdf