Supporting independence and choice with a range of accommodation options
Yooralla can assist you find accommodation with a level of service and support best suited to you.
Yooralla has more than 70 houses across Victoria (metro and regional), designed specifically to suit the needs of people with disability who need accommodation.
Our accommodation options include a mix of community units, villas, group homes, transitional accommodation and individual accommodation in self-contained flats. Most of our accommodation is located in suburban streets close to public transport, shops and community facilities.
Our houses meet accessibility requirements and are fitted with assistive technologies and equipment.
Within our supported accommodation, Yooralla provides you with full-time care and support. Whether you need support around the clock or for just for a few hours a day, Yooralla can work with you to design a support program that suits your needs.
By increasing independence and community engagement, we can support you to live the life you choose.
Who can access Yooralla's supported accomodation?
People with disability between the ages of 18 and 65 can access our supported accommodation services. Places within accommodation options are subject to availability.
We always consider the compatibility of residents in Yooralla’s accommodation options. When you let us know that you’re looking for a new home, we will consider your age, gender, health needs, interests and personal requests, to ensure you and your fellow housemates are well-suited and likely to enjoy each other’s company.
Our points of difference
We are the disability specialists
- We provide flexible services, customised to your support needs.
- Our staff have extensive experience supporting high and complex needs.
- We uphold the highest standards of quality and safeguards. We actively promote and uphold the fundamental rights of people with disability as equal citizens, as advocated in the United Nationals Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2006).
High quality staff
- Our staff are experienced, qualified and highly trained.
- Our recruitment process includes thorough interviews, national and international police checks, and Working with Children Checks where relevant.
- We meet sector quality certification and legislative requirements.
- Our support staff are provided ongoing professional development, refresher courses and accredited training to ensure they remain at the top of their profession.
Download: Accommodation factsheet (PDF, 467kb) 479kb Accomodation-2pp_web.pdf
Download: Accommodation factsheet (Word, 380kb) 389kb Accommodation_Accessible-word.docx
You can ask for an Easy English Factsheet.
Click on Easy English Summary.
To find out more about our Accommodation services, please contact us:
Phone: 03 9666 4500