Is communication important to you? Do you have a message that you need to get across? Would you like to become better engaged in work, play and learning?
Yooralla's ComTEC is based at the Independent Living Centre in Braybrook. The ComTEC team can provide you with practical advice on communication and assistive technology and strategies.
Our practical advice makes it easier for you to:
- get your message across
- stay engaged in work, play and learning
- connect with friends and family, and
- control your technology.
We provide the services outlined below. :
- Telephone and email information services: information and advice about technology and service options for people with disability.
- Consultations: individual appointments to work with you to explore assistive technology to meet your goals and needs.
- Short-term hire equipment library: we can arrange a loan of equipment from our short-term library or connect you with suppliers who can lend you equipment.
- Training: training appointments to help you and your support team to set up and get the best out of your equipment.
If you have difficulty using your speech to communicate, or if you are finding it hard to manage technology at home, school or work, you can contact Yooralla's ComTEC team by telephone or email. For individual consultations please fill out a referral form.
- Apps for Communication: An introductory workshop - Are you a parent of someone who has difficulty communicating? We know that the choice of apps for AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) can be overwhelming. Yooralla's speech pathologists can equip you with practical skills to sift through the jargon and learn what’s important when exploring communication apps during this introductory workshop.
Download: Communication Technology referral form (PDF, 242.7kb) 249kb ComTEC-Referral-Form-Communication-Computer-Access-ECU-Mounting_180406.pdf
Download: Communication Technology referral form (Word, 172.8kb) 177kb ComTEC-Referral-Form-Communication-Computer-Access-ECU-Mounting_180406.docx
Download: ComTEC Schedule of Fees 2018 (PDF, 95.2kb) 98kb ComTEC-Schedule-of-Fees-2018.pdf
Download: ComTEC Schedule of Fees 2018 (Word, 119kb) 121kb ComTEC-Schedule-of-Fees-2018.docx
To find out more about our ComTEC services, please contact us.
Phone: 1300 885 886 (VIC only)
Or: 03 9362 6111 (National)
TTY: 03 9687 0301
Address: Shop C1, Central West Shopping Centre, 67 Ashley Street, Braybrook VIC 3019.
To speak to us in a language other than English please call us via the Telephone Interpreter Service on 13 14 50.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, please contact us through the National Relay Service.
For information on Independent Living Centres outside Victoria, please visit the Independent Living Centres Australia website.