Our Recreation service arranges leisure activities for people with disability.
This service is available statewide to children, teenagers and adults. We give priority to people who have high and complex support needs or who are:
- Socially isolated
- Geographically isolated
- Lack appropriate support structures
- Economically disadvantaged
- Experiencing cultural barriers
Our Recreation team can get you involved in a broad range of fun, adventurous or relaxing activities that can improve your physical and mental wellbeing. We also work to increase your community participation and build your social networks.
Our team has workers with expertise in:
- Community arts
- Community recreation
- Health and fitness
- Holidays and travel
- Outdoor recreation
We also specialise in services for families. We offer support and information on recreation choices for:
- Parents and children to share
- Parents to have a break where needed
- Children and teenagers to join in community recreation
- The whole family to enjoy a holiday together
On top of that, we run various workshops and courses and are involved in joint projects with other community groups.
To find out more about our Recreation service, please contact us at:
Tel: (03) 9916 5800
Fax: (03) 9916 5900
TTY: (03) 9916 5899