Specialist Children's Services
Providing specialised early intervention programs to support children and families.
Yooralla provides specialist therapies and supports for children with developmental delay or disabilities, recognising the importance of early intervention in building a child’s functional capacity.
Our team of specialists can work with your child through the early years, and support your family by providing tailored assistance, resources and information.
What is early intervention?
Early intervention means doing things as early as possible to work on your child’s developmental, health and support needs.
These supports may include:
- speech pathology
- occupational therapy
- psychology, or
- family support and counselling.
A family centred approach
Yooralla’s Specialist Children’s Services take a family-centred approach to supporting your child. This means a team of specialists from the above disciplines will work together with your family to deliver individually tailored services to your child.
For babies and young children not yet at school, this may be through a transdisciplinary model, where a key worker assists to coordinate the delivery of your services, manages links between all members of the transdisciplinary team, and ensures a smooth delivery of services.
School-aged children are usually supported through a multi-disciplinary approach where therapists see your child individually, unless there is a specific need for them to all attend sessions, such as for equipment assessments or for meetings about your child. At this age, services can be coordinated by a lead therapist or by your family.
At every age, your family is an important member of the team and are involved in all aspects of the program and decision making.
How we can help
Our goal is to promote your child’s independence, inclusion, learning and health through:
- individual therapies
- support and resources for your family
- assistance with equipment requirements and environment modification
- transition planning for childcare, kindergarten and school.
Yooralla also provides children and families with support through:
- support in the home or in accessing community activities
- recreational activities and camps
- respite supports specifically for children.
We can assist you with therapy and resources via Better Start, Helping Children with Autism, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Medicare or private funding.
Our points of difference
- Yooralla is the children’s specialist.
- We have been working with children with developmental delays and disability for almost 100 years.
- Our services are family centred. Our strategies are tailored to your child’s own individual needs and are focused on building their independence and inclusion within your home and community.
Download: Specialist Children's factsheet (PDF, 900kb) 921kb Specialist-Childrens-Services-2pp_Web.pdf
Download: Specialist Children's factsheet (Word, 382kb) 391kb Specialist-Childrens-Services_Accessible-word.docx
You can ask for an Easy English Factsheet.
Click on Easy English Summary.
For more information about Yooralla’s Specialist Children’s Services, please contact us.
Phone: 03 9666 4500