Yooralla’s Community Partnership Advisory Committee
Yooralla’s Community Partnership Advisory Committee (YCPAC) meets five times a year to review various strategic and operational matters. It is comprised of customers, family representatives and carers.
Members are appointed for a two-year term. In addition, two members of Yooralla’s Board attend the meetings, along with Yooralla’s Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Executive.
Reporting to the Yooralla Board, YCPAC provides an opportunity for engagement with Yooralla customers when undertaking change. The input of the YCPAC strengthens decision making at Yooralla and provides valuable reviews of core business strategy and processes.
Some of the topics covered at the 2019/20 YCPAC meetings include:
- Safeguarding Customers Post-Incident Policy
- Disability Royal Commission
- Providing Internet Services in Residential Settings
- Financial sustainability under NDIS – Plan and Self-Managed Customers
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission - NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Occupational Violence Policy & Posters
- Restorative Justice
- Supported Employment Funding Changes
- Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP) from NDIA
- Customer Wristbands and Lanyards for Excursions
- Staff Excellence Awards – YCPAC judging panel representatives
- Melbourne University Carers App Project
- Facilitated Discussion – Covid-19 – in the context of a new strategic plan
- SDA Residency Agreements and Accommodation Charges
- Limited Resumption of Community Hub Services – Covid-19
- New NDIS Price Guide changes from 1st July 2020
- Customer Satisfaction Survey 2020
- SAI Global Audit of Yooralla under new NDIS standards
- Customer Portal development at Yooralla
- Staff Culture and Engagement Survey 2020
- Advanced Care Directive – Committee Discussion
- Disability Support for Older Australians Program (DSOA)
Register your interest – Yooralla Community Partnership Advisory Committee (YCPAC)
We are seeking interest from the Yooralla community for membership of the Yooralla Community Partnership Advisory Committee (YCPAC).
YCPAC brings the voices and perspectives of customers to support Yooralla in the provision of support services that respond to the differing needs of our community. The YCPAC is a formal mechanism to enable the participation of people with disabilities, parents and carers who currently access Yooralla services.
If you (or someone you know) are committed to the provision of quality, safe and accessible support services and have an interest in working with Yooralla as part of an advisory committee please consider putting forward an application. Meetings can be attended either in person at 595 Collins Street or via Zoom.
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 31 March 2021. To apply, complete the online expression of interest form.