Yooralla's LGBTQIA+ resources
As an organisation, Yooralla are continuing our journey to help raise awareness and promote inclusivity and support of LGBTQIA+ people with disability.
We have a number of resources available for people with disability and staff to learn more about how they can support LGBTQIA+ clients and employees.
- Ways to support an LGBTIQA+ person with disability: this poster explains how people with disability who are LGBTQIA+ want to be supported, including a reminder of their rights.
- Being LGBTIQA+: this poster explains more about what it means to be LGBTQIA+ and about the concepts of sexual orientation, sex and gender.
- Supporting LGBTIQA+ people with disability at Yooralla is a factsheet for Yooralla managers and staff to better support LGBTIQA+ people with disability.
- Queer people with disabilities - Our stories, our hopes and how to support us: this poster features stories from the community of LGBTQIA+ people with disability.
- How to support LGBTIQA+ people with disabilities: provides practical advice about ways that staff can support LGBTQIA+ people.
- Making a complaint: provides guidance on where clients can make a complaint.
- Connecting, Getting Support and LGBTIQA+ Rights at Yooralla: explains how clients can get support through various advocacy avenues, peer support groups and Yooralla’s Customer Rights and Empowerment team.
- Rights and Responsibilities: details the laws and conventions that protect LGBTQIA+ people.\\
Want more information? Get in touch with the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.