We are committed to both supporting and ensuring the safety of our customers, their families and carers who use our services and are located at our sites.
Supporting and safeguarding our customers is paramount. We are following a range of measures that align with the advice of the World Health Organisation, Australian Federal Government, the Victoria Department of Health and Human Services, the National Disability Insurance Scheme and our own stringent quality practices.
Up to date information on current restrictions in Victoria is available on the Coronavirus (COVID-19): Yooralla’s response page on our website.
We are working with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to support our customers as NDIS participants. The NDIS has information and support available for NDIS participants that cover:
- Latest advice and news
- Information for participants
- Priority home delivery services
- Easy English, AUSLAN and languages other than English support
Visit the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Yooralla will continue to provide updated information via email, postal mail, our website and through your local manager. Please don’t hesitate to contact your local manager if you have any questions.
Keeping customers safe
The key measures we have taken include:
Minimising person-to-person contact
In providing support to customers, there is often a need for support which involves person-to-person contact, for example; support with meals and drinks or getting dressed. To help keep customers safe our staff have been trained to:
- Wash their hands / use hand sanitiser before supporting customers.
- Guide and encourage customers as much as possible to minimise touching other people during this period.
If customers are feeling sick
- Yooralla customers in our residential services will continue to be assisted by their local Yooralla staff if they feel or become unwell.
- Yooralla customers in the community should seek medical advice, and advise Yooralla, if they feel or become unwell.
If a customer / staff member has Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Yooralla has implemented procedures to support customers or staff who have contracted, or may have contracted, COVID-19.
- Yooralla has contingency plans to allow isolation or quarantine of COVID-19 affected customers.
If you have a specific question or need to speak to Yooralla directly, please contact us.