We are committed to ensuring the safety of our customers, employees and community. Here you will find important information and support resources as we stand together in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Updated: 18 March, 2020 - Announcement from Yooralla’s CEO Sherene Devanesen in response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Yooralla has been planning for the event of a pandemic and is well placed to respond to these changing and challenging circumstances.
We are following all the advice from the World Health Organisation, Australian Federal Government, the Victoria Department of Health and Human Services and we are meeting the official Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
We are monitoring the situation daily and implementing the measures required of Yooralla’s Pandemic Planning and Management policy in line with our requirements to ensure a safe environment for our customers and staff.
The immediate measures we have in place include:
- Official social distancing practice of a distance of 1.5 meters has been enforced in all situations.
- Some Yooralla services where group activities take place have been temporarily closed to manage social distancing.
- Customers, staff and visitors to Yooralla must practice good hygiene, including hand washing, covering sneezes and coughs.
- Posters on hygiene / hand washing are being displayed in group homes and all Yooralla locations where services are provided.
- At Yooralla services, all staff have access to a basin, soap and paper towel to wash and dry their hands and use hand sanitiser where supplies are available.
- Communications to customers will be timely via phone, email, text messages (SMS) and on the Yooralla website.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all sites, with more supplies being ordered, although there is limited stock available.
- Official social distancing practice of 1.5 meters has been enforced in all situations.
- Mandatory training on hygiene and hand washing has been completed by all staff to ensure customers are best supported.
- Work from home arrangements have been enforced for staff where this is a suitable option. Non-essential meetings have been cancelled and all other meetings are being held via teleconference.
- If staff or customers show any signs of respiratory symptoms (cold, cough and/or fever), staff will need to inform their manager, seek medical attention and absent themselves from work. Customers will be supported to seek medical advice.
- Communications to staff will be timely via phone, email, text messages (SMS) and on this website.
The situation and information is changing frequently and Yooralla will continue to keep you informed as further information becomes available.
If you have a specific question or need to speak to Yooralla directly, please contact us.