Yooralla's 2020–2023 Research Agenda
Thank you for your interest in our appeal for our 2020–2023 Research Agenda.
As an evidence-based organisation, research is central to Yooralla. And now, more than ever, we believe we need to be bold in our pursuit of information and knowledge. They are powerful tools that will help uphold the rights of people with a disability, create opportunities for them and empower them to live the life they choose.
The gaps in knowledge about disability and related issues that we are seeking to fill through the research questions in this agenda include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How can experiences in group homes be improved by exploring new approaches to address violence in residential services?
- How can people with a disability, particularly adults and children with intellectual and cognitive disabilities, be provided a safe and optimal experience in hospitals through a concise health passport with personalised information about the person, which can better inform hospital staff?
- How can we ensure the safety of people with a disability who receive one-on-one services through effective remote supervision of employees who deliver these services?
- How can people with a disability, their families and carers actively and effectively participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of services?
- What are the pathways for employment for people with a disability? What professional development needs, training and learning would equip them to achieve their goals and help them transition from supported to open employment? How can we facilitate the understanding of employers about the strength of diversity in the workforce by employing people with a disability?
- How can we understand the needs of family members and carers of people with a disability so they, too, can be well supported?
- How can we attract and retain the best talent, who have the right skills, values and attitudes to deliver high quality support for people with a disability?
- How can data transform the social and economic wellbeing and the health of people with disability?
We firmly believe that finding answers to these questions, by partnering with academics and other experts in research, will significantly enhance the lives of people with a disability. Please help us safeguard a bright future for people with a disability by supporting us through this appeal.
Please wait for our secure donation form to load below.
Other ways to make a donaton
To make a donation over the phone, call Yooralla's Fundraising team during office hours (9.00am - 5.00pm)|
on 1800 666 010.
To make a donation by mail, fill out our printable donation form and mail the completed form to the reply paid address below: