Yooralla's 2020 Festive Season Appeal
Help us shoulder the costs of keeping our customers and staff safe during COVID-19.
Yooralla has had to adopt significant changes in the way we operate and deliver our services to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. And I’m pleased to say that through the different measures we have put in place, in consultation with our customers and their families and coupled with the dedication of staff, we have been successful in our aim of managing and curbing the effects of the virus to the Yooralla community.
Some examples of the key measures currently in place are:
- a COVID-19 Outbreak Management Plan
- a 24-Hour Management Response Plan, clear isolation protocols and an isolation facility where customers who test positive but do not require hospitalisation could safely isolate until they recover
- working with Austin Health’s statewide respiratory and spinal services on contingency planning for the Ventilation Assisted Support Service
- a central PPE supply unit from where supplies are distributed to all Yooralla locations
- increased deep cleaning of properties
- twice daily temperature checks for customers
- staff temperature checks across all services upon entry and working-from-home arrangements for staff, where appropriate
- iPads distributed to customers in our residential and respite homes to enable medical consultation via video
- engaging volunteers to make protective gowns for staff
As we emerge from lockdown and carefully re-open to resume services in what’s been dubbed by some as COVID-normal, we at Yooralla are ever more vigilant about providing safe supports to people with disability.
Please help us ensure safe and healthy services for people with disability and those who support them by supporting us through this appeal.
Please wait for our secure donation form to load below.
Yooralla is keeping customers and staff COVID-safe through the purchase of materials and equipment:
Clinical Waste Bags
Personal Protective Equipment and other safety items
Deep cleaning and bio-hazard disposal
Other ways to make a donation
By phone: To make a donation over the phone, call Yooralla's Fundraising team during office hours (9.00am - 5.00pm) on 1800 666 010.
By mail: To make a donation by mail, fill out our printable donation form and mail the completed form to the reply paid address below:
Reply Paid 90365
PO Box 310
COLLINS STREET WEST VIC 8007
We are grateful to Clarke Bourizk for allowing us to use his abstract art piece for the banner on this page. This same artwork also features in the paper version of our festive season appeal. Clarke is an artist and is a participant at Yooralla's Fawkner Community Hub.