Working as a Speech Pathologist at Yooralla
Are you an experienced Speech Pathologist looking for a well remunerated role where you can undertake person-centred practice with people with disability? If so, Yooralla is hiring Speech Pathologists to join our growing team now.
As a Speech Pathologist at Yooralla, you will diagnose and treat communication and swallowing difficulties in children, adults or across the lifespan (dependent on the role). A key element of the role is supporting people to overcome communication difficulties such as challenges with speech (including support with Augmentative and Alternative Communication), understanding and/or using language, listening, social skills, stuttering, reading, writing and using voice.
Joining Yooralla’s Allied Services team means that you will be working with like-minded practitioners in a collegiate environment, using evidence-based practice.
If you have strong clinical skills, expertise in a minimum of one of the above relevant areas, and are keen to broaden your experience in supporting individuals with disability to meet their goals, access the community and increase their independence, we hope to receive your application.
The benefits of working at Yooralla include:
- A competitive and attractive salary with salary packaging (tax) benefits.
- Working in an experienced, collaborative and supportive multidisciplinary team of allied health professionals.
- Ongoing professional development and communities of practice.
- Administration and logistical support, so you can focus on your clinical work.
- Opportunities to get involved in research and development with leading Universities.
- Diversity of caseload and working in person-centred and family-centred practice models.
- Flexible, permanent roles where you can choose to be full-time or part-time.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Experience working with children or adults with disability (dependent on the role) with a variety of needs requiring support with their communication or swallowing.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in working as part of a trans-disciplinary or multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated clinical capability and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Full registration/ probationary registration or eligibility for registration as a Speech Pathologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA), or full registration with Speech Pathology Australia.
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology (mandatory) and postgraduate qualification in a related field such as Health Sciences (desirable).
- A current driver’s licence and own vehicle, as travel to various service locations is required in the role.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Find out more about working in allied health with Yooralla
Working with Yooralla
If you want a rewarding role empowering people with disability we’d love to welcome you to our team! Join Yooralla and you’ll work as part of a positive and passionate team, in an organisation that has more than 100 years’ history. Yooralla supports Victorians with disability of all ages and needs, in their home and in the community. As one of Victoria’s oldest and largest not-for-profit disability services providers, Yooralla can provide you with a unique career path where your strengths, enthusiasm and skills are well-rewarded.
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions listed, please click on the relevant position and click on apply now. If you have queries in relation to the position please call the contact person listed on the advertisement.
Applications can also be forwarded to:
People & Culture
PO Box 238 Collins Street West, Melbourne, VIC 8007
Phone: 03 9666 4501