Support for older carers
Yooralla provides a Support for Older Carers Program (SOC) to assist carers over the age of 60 to access disability and other support services for the people they care for.
This free service helps carers to navigate the service system and to plan for the future.
Working with a SOC facilitator, carers are supported to:
- determine the needs and interests of their family
- discuss their options including the existing family and community supports, generic supports and disability services
- develop a plan that will address both the needs of the carer and the person with a disability
- review their plans as needs change and evolve.
To be eligible for the program a carer must:
- be the carer of a person with a disability, as defined by the Disability Act 2006
- be 60 years or older, and the person with disability must be 64 years or younger. Australian Indigenous Carers must be 45 years or older.
- be living within the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne.
Download: Support for older carers - DHS referral form (PDF, 51kb) 52kb Form-SOC-01b-Referral-Form-R2-DHS.pdf
Download: Support for older carers - DHS referral form (Word, 119kb) 122kb Form-SOC-01b-Referral-Form-R2-DHS.doc