Yooralla’s Support Coordination service links adults and children with disability with the right providers to meet their needs. We support participants to understand and implement their NDIS plan.
Our multidisciplinary approach means we provide assistance to source providers, coordinate a range of supports, build on informal supports, resolve points of crisis, and help you develop resilience in your own network and community.
Our team is comprised of people with extensive disability services training and will travel to meet and support people throughout the Bayside region, and are based in our Carnegie office. We provide all levels of Support Coordination including Specialist Support Coordination.
Download: Yooralla Services Flyer - Bayside (PDF, 864kb) 885kb Yooralla-services-Bayside-4pp-Web-040618-Final.pdf
Yooralla’s services in Bayside Peninsula include:
- Community Hubs and supports provide day services to support developing a range of life skills and community participation. Yooralla has community activities occurring throughout Bayside.
- We run social groups for adults in Murrumbeena and Hampton; and offer recreational opportunities for all ages, such as day activities, weekend camps, or a week away or even longer. Some of the activities we run in Bayside include school holiday camps in Balnarring and a Mornington Peninsula three day getaway for adults,
- Our short-term accommodation (respite) provides an opportunity to take a break from daily routine. Support is available in the home, or in our purpose-built respite accommodation.
- We offer a range of supported independent living options. Our accommodation sites in Bayside Peninsula are:
- three sites in Carnegie
- two sites in Caulfield East
- Glen Huntly
- Cheltenham, and
- two sites in Highett.
- We have therapists available to travel to participants across Bayside, including speech pathologists, physiotherapists, psychologists and nurses. We specialise in support for children and adults with disability displaying behaviour of concern.
- We provide specialist therapies and interventions for children with developmental delay or disabilities, recognising the importance of early intervention in building a child’s functional capacity. Yooralla’s therapists travel throughout Bayside, and we also have an office in Hastings.
- We provide assistance with daily living for adults and children with disability. We provide one-on-one support which can cover getting ready for the day, getting out and about in the community, or getting to an appointment. Yooralla’s team can support NDIS participants throughout Bayside.
- We support participants who have an employment related goal, to develop a plan that builds their capacity to gain meaningful work and earn a wage. We provide work experience opportunities in a retail environment at our Opportunity Shop in Chelsea.
- Yooralla can support people with free one-on-one discussions to get ready for their NDIS planning meeting and to make the most of their NDIS plan when they receive it.
- We also have free information guides to help participants at all stages of their NDIS journey. Contact our Community Engagement team if you’d like printed copies to give to participants.