Yooralla’s Support Coordination service links adults and children with disability with the right providers to meet their needs. We support participants to understand and implement their NDIS plan.
Our multidisciplinary approach means we provide assistance to source providers, coordinate a range of supports, build on informal supports, resolve points of crisis, and help you develop resilience in your own network and community.
Our team is comprised of people with extensive disability services training and will travel to meet and support people throughout Brimbank and Melton. We provide all levels of Support Coordination including Specialist Support Coordination.
Download: Yooralla Services Flyer - Brimbank Melton (PDF, 676kb) 692kb Yooralla-services-Brimbank-Melton-4pp-Web-040618-Final.pdf
Yooralla’s services in Brimbank and Melton include:
- Community Hubs and supports provide day services to support developing a range of life skills and community participation. Yooralla has community activities occurring throughout Brimbank and Melton, and a Community Hub at 1 Andrea Street in St Albans.
- We run a social group for adults in St Albans; and offer recreational opportunities for all ages, such as day activities, weekend camps, or a week away or even longer.
- Our short-term accommodation (respite) provides an opportunity to take a break from daily routine. Support is available in the home, or in our purpose-built respite accommodation. We have a short-term accommodation facility for children and young people in Glenroy, and adult short-term accommodation in Box Hill and Reservoir.
- We offer a range of supported independent living options. Our accommodation sites for adults in Brimbank and Melton are:
- two sites in St Albans
- Sunshine, and
- We have therapists available to travel to participants across Brimbank and Melton, including speech pathologists, physiotherapists, psychologists and nurses. We specialise in support for children and adults with disability displaying behaviour of concern.
- We provide specialist therapies and interventions for children with developmental delay or disabilities, recognising the importance of early intervention in building a child’s functional capacity. Yooralla’s therapists travel throughout Brimbank and Melton.
- We provide assistance with daily living for adults and children with disability. We provide one-on-one support which can cover getting ready for the day, getting out and about in the community, or getting to an appointment. Yooralla’s team can support NDIS participants throughout Brimbank and Melton.
- Yooralla can support people with free one-one-one discussions to get ready for their NDIS planning meeting and to make the most of their NDIS plan when they receive it.
- We also have free information guides to help participants at all stages of their NDIS journey. Contact our Community Engagement team if you’d like printed copies to give to participants.