North East Melbourne
Yooralla’s Support Coordination service links adults and children with disability with the right providers to meet their needs. We support participants to understand and implement their NDIS plan.
Our multidisciplinary approach means we provide assistance to source providers, coordinate a range of supports, build on informal supports, resolve points of crisis, and help you develop resilience in your own network and community.
Our team is comprised of people with extensive disability services training who will travel to meet and support people. We provide all levels of Support Coordination including Specialist Support Coordination.
Yooralla’s services in North East Melbourne include:
- Community Hubs and supports provide day services to support developing a range of life skills and community participation. Some NDIS participants living in the North East Melbourne area attend Community Hubs located at:
- 79 Hyde Street, Footscray (Yooralla’s Learning Hub)
- 1 Andrea Street, St Albans
- 79 Jukes Road, Fawkner
- We run a social group for teenagers in Greensborough; and offer recreational opportunities for all ages, such as day activities, weekend camps, or a week away or even longer.
- Our short-term accommodation (respite) provides an opportunity to take a break from daily routine. We have short term accommodation for adults in Reservoir. Support is available for people requiring Ventilator Support in Thornbury.
- We offer a range of supported independent living options. Our accommodation sites in North East Melbourne area are:
- Thornbury (includes Ventilator Assistance support)
- We have therapists available across North East Melbourne, including speech pathologists, physiotherapists, psychologists and nurses. We specialise in support for children and adults with disability displaying behaviour of concern.
- We provide specialist therapies and interventions for children with developmental delay or disabilities, recognising the importance of early intervention in building a child’s functional capacity.
- We provide assistance with daily living for adults and children with disability. We provide one-on-one support which can cover getting ready for the day, getting out and about in the community, or getting to an appointment.
- Yooralla can support people with free one-on-one discussions to get ready for their NDIS planning meeting and to make the most of their NDIS plan when they receive it.
- We also have free information guides to help participants at all stages of their NDIS journey. Contact our Community Engagement team if you’d like printed copies to give to participants.