Yooralla’s Support Coordination service links adults and children with disability with the right providers to meet their needs. We support participants to understand and implement their NDIS plan.
Our multidisciplinary approach means we provide assistance to source providers, coordinate a range of supports, build on informal supports, resolve points of crisis, and help you develop resilience in your own network and community.
Our team is comprised of people with extensive disability services training and will travel to meet and support people throughout the area. We provide all levels of Support Coordination including Specialist Support Coordination.
Download: Yooralla Services Flyer - West Melbourne (PDF, 681kb) 697kb Yooralla-services-West-Melb-4pp-Web-040618-Final.pdf
Yooralla’s services in Western Melbourne include:
- Community Hubs and supports provide day services to support developing a range of life skills and community participation. Yooralla has community activities occurring throughout Western Melbourne and we have a Community Hub at:
- 79 Hyde Street, Footscray (Yooralla’s Learning Hub).
- We offer recreational opportunities for all ages, such as day activities, weekend camps, or a week away or even longer.
- Our short-term accommodation (respite) provides an opportunity to take a break from daily routine. Support is available in the home, or in our purpose-built respite accommodation. We have short-term accommodation for children and young people in Glenroy, and adult short-term accommodation in Box Hill and Reservoir.
- We offer a range of supported independent living options. We have a supported accommodation service at:
- We have therapists available to travel to participants across Western Melbourne, including speech pathologists, physiotherapists, psychologists and nurses. We specialise in support for children and adults with disability displaying behaviour of concern. We have therapists based in Newport and Broadmeadows.
- We provide assistance with daily living for adults and children with disability. We provide one-on-one support which can cover getting ready for the day, getting out and about in the community, or getting to an appointment. Yooralla’s team can support NDIS participants throughout Western Melbourne.
- We provide specialist therapies and interventions for children with developmental delay or disabilities, recognising the importance of early intervention in building a child’s functional capacity. Yooralla’s therapists travel throughout the Western Melbourne area, and are based in Newport and Altona.
- We provide information about, and access to, assistive technologies and equipment; through Yooralla’s Independent Living Centre (ILC). The ILC includes a showroom of assistive technology with therapists on site, at
- Shop C1, Central West Shopping Centre, 67 Ashley Street, Braybrook.
- We support participants who have an employment related goal, to develop a plan that builds their capacity to gain meaningful work and earn a wage. In Footscray, Yooralla has a business enterprise that provides training and employment for people with disability, as well as Yooralla Catering which supports people to gain on-the-job training in a catering business.
- Yooralla can support people with free one-on-one discussions to get ready for their NDIS planning meeting and to make the most of their NDIS plan when they receive it.
- We also have free information guides to help participants at all stages of their NDIS journey. Contact our Community Engagement team if you’d like printed copies to give to participants.