Top interview questions for recruiting a provider
Posted on 28 July 2015 by Lynne Foreman
Recruiting a new disability support provider can be a daunting experience.
Interviewing potential new support providers is a great idea to help answer your questions and clarify expectations.
Here are my top provider interview questions.
- Do you send weekly or fortnightly rosters? (I need short roster periods because I need flexible support)
- How much notice do I have to give to cancel a shift without having to pay a fee? (One provider asks for a long period of notice, the other 24 hours. I prefer the latter and use them the most)
- What is your minimum shift time? (Sometimes I only want short shifts, so I need to know how they manage their staff)
- How flexible are you with shift time changes?
- Can I bring staff of my own choice to your organisation?
- What tie is ‘normal hours’ and what times are ‘out of hours’?
- What services do you offer?
- How much notice do you require for me to change my services or exit your service?
- What is your complaint process?
- What is your staff recruitment and matching process?
- What is the process for removing staff from my team?
Lynne Foreman was one of the first participants in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) trial. Lynne met with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) on 2 July 2013 after being on the Disability Support Register (DSR) for more than nine years. The DSR is a register of current needs for disability support. Having been on the register for nine years, Lynne had to manage for a long time without the level of support needed. We are thrilled to have Lynne sharing her experiences, tips and advice for navigating in the new NDIS world with us.