When is the NDIS coming to my area?
Posted on 31 August 2016 by Yooralla
Find out when Australia's new way of funding disability support is coming to your neighbourhood.
After being trialled in the Geelong area for the past two years, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will start rolling out across Victoria from 1 July 2016.
All eligible Victorians will be included in the scheme over the next three years.
This list shows when the NDIS will be available in local government areas.
- 1 July 2016: Yarra, Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik and Whittlesea
- 1 January 2017: Central Highlands, Ararat, Ballarat, Golden Plains, Hepburn, Moorabool, Pyrenees
- 1 May 2017: Loddon, Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Greater Bendigo, Loddon, Macedon Ranges, Mount Alexander
- 1 October 2017: Ovens Murray, Alpine, Benalla, Indigo, Mansfield, Towong, Wangaratta, Wodonga
- 1 October 2017: Inner Gippsland, Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe, South Gippsland
- 1 October 2017: Wimmera South West, Corangamite, Glenelg, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Moyne, Northern Grampians, Southern Grampians, Warrnambool, West Wimmera, Yarriambiack
- 1 November 2017: Inner Eastern Melbourne, Boroondara, Manningham, Monash, Whitehorse
- 1 November 2017: Outer Eastern Melbourne, Knox, Maroondah, Yarra Ranges
- 1 March 2018: Hume Moreland
- 1 April 2018: Bayside Peninsula, Bayside, Frankston, Glen Eira, Kingston, Mornington Peninsula, Port Phillip, Stonnington
- 1 September 2018: Southern Melbourne, Cardinia, Casey, Greater Dandenong
- 1 October 2018: Brimbank Melton
- 1 October 2018: Western Melbourne, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Wyndham
- 1 July 2019: Mallee, Buloke, Gannawarra, Mildura, Swan Hill
- 1 July 2019: Goulburn, Greater Shepparton, Mitchell, Moira, Murrindindi, Strathbogie
- 1 July 2019: Outer Gippsland, East Gippsland, Wellington
View the NDIS transition timeline for Victoria.
Do you live outside of Victoria? Find out when the NDIS will be available for you on the NDIS website.
Learn more about the NDIS