Yooralla launches new LGBTIQA+ program
DATE: 12 November 2019
Yooralla has officially launched a new Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, Asexual Plus (LGBTIQA+) program to empower customers seeking to explore and express their identities.
Seventeen Yooralla customers and employees attended the launch on Wednesday 16 October at Yooralla’s head office.
The program, managed by Yooralla’s Customer Rights and Empowerment (CRE) team, aims to support the expression of diversity among Yooralla customers who may be seeking to learn about LGBTIQA+ identities.
Olympia Tzanoudakis, CRE Practitioner, said the launch was “a real success”.
“The afternoon was filled with interesting guest speakers, video clips, giveaways and warm introductions. It was great to have so many customers come to the launch to learn more about our project and the atmosphere was very positive and supportive,” she said.
Over the next 10 months, the CRE team, in partnership with Inclusion Melbourne, will raise awareness and improve the inclusion of LGBTIQA+customers through:
- Workshops aimed at supporting customers and employees to learn more about LGBTIQA+rights and identity and promote the message that “coming out is OK”
- Providing 1:1 or small group advocacy and empowerment support
- Providing information and linking customers to LGBTIQA+ services to support their transition
- Establishing a steering group of LGBTIQA+ customers and carers to support the project
- Establishing a space/group where customers and allies can meet and support each other, and
- Providing information and resources to those interested in the project.
The project is open to all Yooralla customers and it is free to become a member.
To learn more about the project or to join the project as a member, please contact one of Yooralla’s CRE team members:
- Olympia Tzanoudakis on 03 9916 5821or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Feldman on 9663 6916 or email@example.com, or
- Jeanette Lee on 9916 5818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This initiative is funded by a grant from the Sidney Myer Fund and Pride Foundation Australia.
Yooralla's Communications Team
Phone: 03 9666 4500