Celebrating Yooralla’s volunteers on International Volunteer Day
DATE: 5 December 2018
International Volunteer Day, on 5 December, is an opportunity for Yooralla to recognise and appreciate the work of its volunteers.
Volunteers are an integral part of Yooralla, supporting many of our services and retail ventures, such as Chelsea and Benalla Opportunity Shops.
Further to this, occasions such as fundraising on the International Day of People with Disability and Yooralla’s 2018 Big Day Out and Annual General Meeting would not be possible without dedicated volunteers.
Yooralla would like to take this opportunity to thank its volunteers and the significant contribution they make to the organisation.
Yooralla has a range of volunteering opportunities across its services. We try to match the skills and interests of our volunteers with the needs of our customers, including:
- Community access support: supporting people with disability to access the community and achieve their individual goals,
- Activity support: supporting people to participate in activities such as reading, computer programs, exercise, gardening, cooking, music, swimming, movies, shopping and other areas of interest,
- Office and administration: providing support to operational areas of the organisation such as finance, information technology or human resources,
- Event support: supporting key Yooralla events with pre-event administration, registration and assisting with set-up, and
- Retail positions: supporting our opportunity shops.
Free one-on-one discussions to get your NDIS questions answered
Many locations available.
10 July 2017
Chelsea Op Shop now open!
21 September 2017
Yooralla’s swim program is making splashes in the community sector
29 August 2017
Yooralla’s Recreation Services in the Inner East