Questions to ask before your second NDIS plan
DATE: 5 July 2018
If you’ve been contacted by the NDIS because you’ve nearly reached the 12-month mark of your first NDIS plan, you may be wondering what’s involved in developing your next NDIS plan. Here are things you can think about to prepare for your 12-month plan review meeting.
If your 12-month plan review discussion is approaching, it’s worth giving some thought as to how your first NDIS plan has gone for you; and any changes you might want for your next NDIS Plan.
Some questions you may want to think about before your plan review meeting are:
- What supports are working for you?
- What’s not working?
- Was there any funding you didn’t get to use? Why?
- Did you run out of funding for something you needed more of? Like consumables, or therapy sessions?
- Are there other things you realised you needed throughout the year, that you hadn’t thought of when you had your planning meeting?
- Have there been any big changes in your life? Or are there about to be? For example, you want to move out of home or are finishing school?
- Did you get new equipment in your last plan that might need repair or maintenance?
- Has the way you managed your NDIS funds worked for you?
- How you are going with achieving the goals in your NDIS plan?
- Do you have new goals to add? Perhaps goals that build on your achievements over the past year of your NDIS plan?
- Are you happy with the service providers you are using?
Want support to prepare for your 12-month plan review meeting?
Ensure you feel confident and prepared for your NDIS plan review meeting, by attending a free one-one-one discussion with Yooralla. We can help you prepare and answer your questions.
Find out more about what to expect with your 12-month plan review.
Free guide to make the most of your next NDIS plan
Yooralla’s free guide to making the most of your next NDIS plan can help you understand the process for your next NDIS plan and how you can prepare for your plan review meeting. It includes a meeting planning tool.