Disability in Australia
DATE: 2 December 2015
In recognition of International Day of People with Disability, this infographic looks at some of the top statistics about disability in Australia.
- 4.2 million Australians live with disability.
- People often have more than one kind of disability.
- The chance of having a disability increases with age, with 59 percent of those over 70 living with disability.
- 11.19 percent of Australians are carers.
- 22 percent of Australians with disability have a degree or diploma and 27 percent have a certificate level qualification.
- 9 percent of working Australians have a disability.
- 16 nations have ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- An estimated 450 000 Australians will benefit from the National Disability Insurance Scheme by 2020.
Yooralla's Communications Team
Phone: 03 9666 4500