Is communication important to you? Do you have a message that you need to get across? Would you like to become better engaged in work, play and learning?
Yooralla's ComTEC can provide you with practical advice on communication and assistive technology and strategies.
Our practical advice makes it easier for you to:
- get your message across
- stay engaged in work, play and learning
- connect with friends and family, and
- control your technology.
We provide the services outlined below. :
- Telephone and email information services: information and advice about technology and service options for people with disability.
- Consultations: individual appointments to work with you to explore assistive technology to meet your goals and needs.
- Short-term hire equipment library: we can arrange a loan of equipment from our short-term library or connect you with suppliers who can lend you equipment.
- Speech generating devices
- Peripherals such as switches, joysticks and mice
- Switch adapted toys
- Laptops and software
- Training: training appointments to help you and your support team to set up and get the best out of your equipment.
If you have difficulty using your speech to communicate, or if you are finding it hard to manage technology at home, school or work, you can contact Yooralla's ComTEC team by telephone or email. For individual consultations please fill out a referral form.
Download: Communication Technology referral form (Word, 167kb) 171kb ComTEC-Advisory-Service-Referral-Form-2020.docx
Download: ComTEC Equipment Library Hire and Training Request Form (Word, 120KB) 123kb ComTEC-Equipment-Library-Hire-and-Training-Request_20210203.docx
To find out more about our ComTEC services, please contact us.
Phone: 03 8851 0806
TTY: 03 9687 0301
Address: 49 Sun Crescent, Sunshine
To speak to us in a language other than English please call us via the Telephone Interpreter Service on 13 14 50.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, please contact us through the National Relay Service.