Supporting you to develop everyday life skills that increase independence and control.
Yooralla supports you to build everyday life skills.
By focusing on your own specific goals, we can support you to master the skills you need to achieve greater independence, confidence and control.
Our training focuses on practical skills that you can use immediately and in the future, from handling money to travel training, meal preparation, personal presentation, independent living skills or literacy and numeracy.
Building everyday skills not only allows you to be more independent, it also builds a greater sense of self-esteem.
How we can help
Depending on your goals and needs, we can develop a program to support you with:
Independent living skills
- Household management
- Developing and following a budget
- Literacy and numeracy
- Money skills
- Learning about renting
- Household care
- Laundry and clothes care
Health and wellbeing
- Preparing a healthy weekly menu
- Shopping for groceries
- Cooking and healthy eating
- Hygiene and personal care
- Support to join local exercise classes and sporting clubs
- Relaxation techniques
- Proactive behaviour and speaking up for yourself
- Road safety
- Using public transport
- Planning how to get to and from destinations
- Connecting with other people
- Developing relationships
- Friendships and group work
- Personal presentation
- Support to join local groups based on your interests
- Visiting local community centres
- Eating out
Our points of difference
- We are the disability specialists; we have almost 100 years of experience supporting people with disability.
- We provide flexible services, customised to your support needs.
- Our staff have extensive experience supporting people with high and complex needs.
- We uphold the highest standards of quality and safeguards. We actively promote and uphold the fundamental rights of people with disability as equal citizens, as advocated in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2006)
Download: Life Skills factsheet (PDF, 165kb) 166kb Life-Skills-2pp_web.pdf
Download: Life Skills factsheet (Word, 379kb) 388kb Life-Skills_Accessible-word.docx
To find out more about how we can support you or for a free NDIS consultation, contact us today.