Specialist Children's Supports
Providing specialised early intervention programs to support children and families.
At Yooralla we provide specialist therapies and interventions for children with developmental delay or disability, recognising the importance of early intervention in building a child’s functional capacity.
Our team of therapists includes qualified physiotherapists, speech pathologists and psychologists, and can work with your child through the early years, and later through school and beyond. Our therapists can support your family by providing tailored assistance, resources and information.
What is early intervention?
Early intervention means doing things as early as possible to work on your child’s developmental, health and support needs. These supports may include:
- speech pathology
- occupational therapy
- psychology, or
- family support and counselling.
How we can help
Yooralla’s Specialist Children’s Supports take a family-centred approach to supporting your child. This means a team of specialists from the above disciplines will work together with your family to deliver individually tailored services to your child.
For children not yet at school, this may be through a transdisciplinary model, where a key worker assists to coordinate the delivery of your services, manages links between all members of the transdisciplinary team, and ensures a smooth delivery of services.
School-aged children are usually supported through a transdisciplinary approach. This means a team of therapists, for example a physiotherapist, occupational therapy and psychologist work together to support your child.
At every stage, your family is an important member of the team, and they will be involved in all aspects of the program and decision making.
Our goal is to promote your child’s independence, inclusion, learning and health through:
- individual therapies such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy or psychology
- support and resources for your family
- assistance with equipment requirements and environment modification
- transition planning for childcare, kindergarten and school.
Yooralla also provides children and families with support through:
- support in the home or in accessing community activities
- recreational activities and camps, and
- respite supports specifically for children.
Why choose Yooralla?
- Yooralla is a children’s disability specialist. We provide high quality, evidence-based supports for children.
- Our qualified, transdisciplinary therapy team consists of physiotherapists, speech pathologists, psychologists and occupational therapists.
- Our services are family-centred. Our strategies are tailored to your child’s own individual needs and are focused on building their independence and inclusion within your home and community.
- We are a not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children with developmental delay and disability since 1918.
Download: Specialist Children's Supports factsheet (PDF, 528kb) 541kb Specialist-Childrens-Services-2pp-Web-290518.pdf
Download: Specialist Children's factsheet (Word, 370kb) 380kb Specialist_Childrens_Services_Accessible-word-2018.docx
You can ask for an Easy English Factsheet.
Click on Easy English Summary.
For more information about Yooralla’s Specialist Children’s Supports, please contact us.
Phone: 03 9666 4500