Strengthening your ability to coordinate and implement supports and participate in the community.
Yooralla provides Support Coordination to help people with disability and their family or support network to navigate the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Support Coordination can support you to understand and implement your NDIS plan. We can help you to find the right service providers for your needs, and coordinate all of your supports, including mainstream, informal, community and funded supports.
Working with you and your support network, we can assist you to explore your options, develop resilience in your own network and community, to resolve points of crisis and to build on informal supports.
Our Support Coordination team aims to build your capacity to undertake tasks associated with the management of your own supports. The type of Support Coordination you are funded for will be outlined in your NDIS plan.
There are three levels of Support Coordination:
- Support Connection
Short-term assistance to implement your NDIS plan, including identifying service providers and negotiating Service Agreements.
- Support Coordination
Longer-term support to build your capacity to navigate the complexity of services and supports you need from a range of providers.
- Specialist Support Coordination
Specialist support coordination where you have a more complex situation.
How we can help
We can help you to navigate the NDIS through the different stages of your NDIS journey. We can support you to:
- identify the services and service providers that best meet your individual needs
- coordinate service providers and supports, or build your capacity to coordinate your own supports
- obtain quotes for services and set up Service Agreements with providers
- source suitable accommodation and respite options
- link you into a job, or other community activities
- coordinate assessments, reports, and health and medical specialists
- respond to a crisis; or identify solutions for managing risky situations, such as aging carers
- plan and explore options for times of key life transitions, such as leaving school or moving home
- monitor your NDIS plan outcomes and expenditure, and report back to the NDIA, and
- re-develop your goals prior to your NDIS plan review.
Our points of difference
Yooralla’s Support Coordination team is comprised of people with extensive disability services training. Yooralla provides specialist supports for people with high and complex needs, and we are specialists in children's early intervention supports. We know the NDIS – we have been supporting participants from the beginning of the NDIS.
Download: Support Coordination (PDF, 149.5kb) 154kb Support-Coordination_web_March_v2.pdf
Download: Support Coordination (Word, 377kb) 387kb Support-Coordination_Accessible-word-March-2018.docx
You can ask for an Easy English Factsheet.
Click on Easy English Summary.
To find out more about our Support Coordination services, please contact us.
Phone: 1800 966 725