Volunteering is a great personal and social commitment.
Are you keen to make a real difference in the lives of people with disability? Do you want to provide quality, sustainable and flexible services that uphold human rights and create opportunities? Most importantly, would you like to support people with disability to live the life they choose?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
Current volunteer vacancies
Yooralla has wide variety of volunteer roles available now for registered volunteers. We provide a vast range of opportunities for volunteers to use their diverse skills to assist us support people with disability.
- We are seeking volunteers to work in a new Opportunity Shop at Chelsea, 402 Nepean Highway, commencing mid-year 2017. This opportunity if perfect for those people who have an interested in retail. Find out more about volunteering at our Chelsea Op shop.
- The Ferntree Gully Community Hub is seeking volunteers to support our participants to access and engage in the local community. You’ll be supporting people with disability to go bowling, shopping, swimming or just exploring the local area.
- One of our Residential Services in Cranbourne is looking for volunteers to support four customers to access and engage in the local community.
- Yooralla's Fundraising department is seeking a volunteer to open and process return mail. Data entry training will be provided and assistance is available. Ongoing weekly or fortnightly opportunity with flexible office hours.
- We are seeking reliable, outgoing people with good literacy skills to work with people with disability for 2-3 hours a week at our Footscray Business Enterprise.
Footscray (and Melbourne CBD)
- Yooralla Catering is looking for a customer friendly volunteer delivery driver comfortable about driving in the Melbourne CBD area on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 8.00 am-12.00 pm a small automatic caddy van (Volkswagen). There is some lifting of crates involved getting in and out of van however they are then put on a trolley for access to buildings. A good knowledge of the CBD and surrounding areas is helpful however understanding a GPS and map reading is more important.
Become a carer with Yooralla's Family Options Program
Yooralla are always seeking genuine expressions of interest from people interested in becoming carers. Carers are needed to support people with disability with a range of care options including full-time, shared care and respite care.
Carers can come from a range of backgrounds and life experiences. They may be single or have a partner, with or without children, they may be studying, working or retired.
Being a carer is one of the most rewarding things you can do.
Find out more about how you can become a carer.