Yooralla supports independence and choice with a range of accommodation options and can assist you, or someone you care for, in understanding accommodation in the NDIS and finding the right accommodation with the right level of service and support.
Yooralla provides many supported independent living options for people with disability across Victoria (metro and regional) and currently has vacancies.
Our accommodation options include a mix of community units, villas, group homes, transitional accommodation and individual accommodation in self-contained flats. Most of our accommodation is located in suburban streets close to public transport, shops and community facilities. Our houses meet accessibility requirements and are fitted with assistive technologies and equipment.
Within our supported accommodation service, Yooralla provides you with full-time care and support. Whether you need support around the clock or for just for a few hours a day, Yooralla can work with you to design a support program that suits your needs.
Housing in the NDIS
Yooralla has developed an easy to read guide has been prepared for NDIS participants and their carers to assist them to navigate the accommodation options in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The guide explains key terms associated with NDIS housing, such as Supported Independent Living (SIL), and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA), and outlines the steps to transitioning into new accommodation. Download the guide now.
|email@example.com or book your session today!|
Who can access Yooralla's supported accommodation?
People with disability between the ages of 18 and 65 can access our supported accommodation services. Places within accommodation options are subject to availability. We always consider the compatibility of residents in Yooralla’s accommodation options. When you let us know that you’re looking for a new home, we will consider your age, gender, health needs, interests and personal requests, to ensure you and your fellow housemates are well-suited and likely to enjoy each other’s company.
Why choose Yooralla?
- We are one of Victoria’s oldest and largest disability service providers, with over 100 years’ experience in supporting people of all ages and needs.
- We provide flexible services, customised to support everyone’s needs.
- We uphold the highest standards of quality and safeguards. We actively promote and uphold the fundamental rights of people with disability as equal citizens.
- Our staff are experienced, qualified and highly trained and have extensive experience supporting high and complex needs.
- Our recruitment process includes thorough interviews, national and international police checks, and Working with Children Checks where relevant.
- We meet sector quality certification and legislative requirements.
- Our staff undergo ongoing professional development, refresher courses and accredited training to ensure they remain at the top of their profession
For more information
Download: Accommodation factsheet (PDF, 344kb) 353kb 20180620-Accomodation-2pp-Web.pdf
Download: Accommodation factsheet (Word, 373.1kb) 383kb 20180620-Accommodation_Accessible-word-2018.docx
You can ask for an Easy English Factsheet.
Click on Easy English Summary.
To find out more about our Accommodation services, please contact us:
Yooralla Community Engagement Team
Phone: (03) 9666 4500