We are delighted to announce that Yooralla’s Disability Support Worker Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (DSW EBA) has been passed with an overwhelmingly positive result.
More than 85% of DSWs who voted were in support of the new EBA, and the superior terms and conditions have also been endorsed by the Health and Community Services Union (HACSU).
This improved DSW EBA further cements Yooralla as an employer of choice for DSWs, with this EBA one of the most progressive currently in our industry.
Some of the major highlights Yooralla will now offer include:
- a minimum guaranteed salary increase of 8.5% over four years (2.5% up front then 2% in July 2022, 2023 and 2024)
- the highest parental leave provisions in the sector (12 weeks for primary caregivers and four weeks for non-primary caregivers)
- five days of special parental leave for both primary and non-primary caregivers if a child is lost during pregnancy.
- the option for employees to nominate days of cultural significance to substitute for existing public holidays
- Paid pandemic and Family and Domestic Violence Leave for all employees, including casuals
- improvement in processes and commitments to offer casuals permanent employment
- five paid study days per year for relevant qualifications,
- Additional pay level for employees with a relevant qualification
- the funding of 25% of enrolment fees where employees enrol in a CERTIV Disability.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Agreement will be effective 7 days after it is approved by Fair Work and the People and Culture team are working to get this done as soon as possible.
Are you looking for a role supporting people with disability to live the life they choose?
Hear from some of Yooralla’s current DSWs about disability support at Yooralla.
Visit Yooralla’s current vacancies to view all our current job vacancies, including current DSW roles.