What you need to know
The first step to accessing the NDIS is to meet the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible to access the NDIS, you must have a permanent disability that:
- reduces your ability to participate effectively in activities, or perform tasks or actions, unless you have support, and
- affects your capacity for social and economic participation, and
- means you are likely to require support under the NDIS for a lifetime.
You must also be:
- an Australian citizen, or
- the holder of a permanent visa, or
- hold a Protected Special Category Visa, and
- be aged under 65
Find out if you are eligible for the NDIS on the Read more at ndis.gov.au.
Meet the eligibility criteria?
You can then contact the NDIS and ask for an Access Request form, or alternatively, download the Access Request form from the NDIS website.
Your planning meeting is the discussion you will have with a planner to help determine what goes in your NDIS plan. Yooralla can support you to prepare for your planning meeting and get the most out of your NDIS plan.
The NDIS explained
To help you understand the NDIS, we have delved into some of it’s more complex concepts. Read more about different topics across your NDIS journey so you are fully informed about what they mean for you.