As a Psychologist at Yooralla, you can bring your evidence-based psychological practice to assist people with disability to better adjust to cognitive, emotional or behavioural problems, or to improve wellbeing in the context of their behaviour of concern.
You will have the opportunity to work with NDIS participants with mental health conditions, “psychosocial” disability or dual disabilities.
The benefits of working at Yooralla
- A competitive and attractive salary with salary packaging (tax) benefits
- Flexible, permanent roles where you can choose to be full-time or part-time
- Working in an experienced, collaborative and supportive multidisciplinary team of allied health professionals
- Ongoing professional development and communities of practice
- Administration and logistical support, so you can focus on your clinical work
- Opportunities to get involved in research and development with leading Universities
- Diversity of caseload and working in a person-centred practice model
- Opportunity to learn Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) ADOS-2 and ADI-R, and to be part of a multidisciplinary ASD team
- Registration with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
What we're looking for
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Experience working with people with disability who display behaviour of concern, or in a clinical/therapist behaviour support practitioner role
- Experience in working within a clinical intervention framework (e.g. applied behaviour analysis, positive behaviour support, cognitive behaviour therapy, mindfulness) as well as assessment, planning, implementation, review, evaluation and modification
- Experience working within a trans-disciplinary or multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working with people with disability with complex needs
- Experience in working within a clinical intervention framework
- A strong knowledge of Disability Service Standards and other relevant legislation
- Excellent communication, Interpersonal and facilitation skills, as well as a high degree of analytical, interpretative, evaluative, constructive and creative thinking
- An ability to advise staff on clinical and practice issues
- A tertiary qualification in psychology (mandatory), with postgraduate qualifications in associated fields (desirable)
- Membership of the Australian Psychological Society (desirable)
- Full or probationary registration, or eligibility for registration, as a psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Full Australian Driver’s Licence and own vehicle.
Working with Us
If you want a rewarding role empowering people with disability we’d love to welcome you to our team! Join Yooralla and you’ll work as part of a positive and passionate team, in an organisation that has more than 100 years’ history. We supports Victorians with disability of all ages and needs, in their home and in the community. As one of Victoria’s oldest and largest not-for-profit disability services providers, Yooralla can provide you with a unique career path where your strengths, enthusiasm and skills are well-rewarded.
Interested in Applying?
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions listed, please click on the relevant position and click on apply now. If you have queries in relation to the position please call the contact person listed on the advertisement.