Doreen Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
This brand new home is currently under construction, due to be completed in 2024.
About the home
Expressions of Interest now open
Don't miss a unique opportunity to live in a brand new Robust Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) home in Doreen, in Melbourne's North-East. This modern home is purpose built for people with disability so you can enjoy being independent and have access to the right support when you need it.
Construction is due to be completed in April 2024.
There is one bedroom with private ensuite bathroom and courtyard available in this new development. It is a unique opportunity to share with just one other person!
- Two accessible bathrooms.
- Open-plan living area connected to kitchen and dining areas.
- Modern kitchen with stone benchtops, butler's pantry, brand-new stainless steel appliances, large window seat area and an island bench, adapted for people with disability.
- European-style laundry.
- Three separate outdoor areas.
- Additional sensory or break-out room to relax in.
- Separate support staff room and powder bathroom.
- Reverse-cycle heating and cooling throughout the home for year round comfort.
- The SDA provider is: Illowra.
- Oversized room with plenty of natural light, set at the back of the home.
- Private ensuite bathroom.
- Built-in wardrobes.
- Direct access to private outdoor courtyard area.
The current resident is a young adult female. The home is most suitable for a male or female aged 18-30 years.
Support is available based on individual needs.
You must be 18+ years old and also have approved SDA funding in your NDIS plan to be eligible for this home. The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities. The applicant or their important person will need to establish a Residential Agreement.
Location and proximity to amenities
- Bus stop one block away.
- Five-minutes walk to several local park areas.
- 10-minutes drive to Mernda or Hurstbridge train stations and shopping areas.
- Less than 10-minutes drive to local shopping area with supermarkets, cafés, restaurants, allied health services and more.
- 10-minutes drive to Westfield Shopping Centre, Plenty Valley.
- 20-minutes drive to Northern Hospital in Epping.
- There is on-street parking available.