Preston Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
Live the life you choose in this spacious, light-filled independent living unit, with close access to local transport, shops and parklands.
About the home
There is currently one bedroom available in the rear independent living unit on this property.
- Two separate independent living units with private entry.
- The front unit comprises two bedrooms, plus an office for support staff. The rear unit has three bedrooms.
- Spacious, comfortable living area with plenty of natural light.
- Open-plan dining and kitchen area.
- Spacious outdoor courtyard with BBQ and veggie garden to unwind in or entertain with family and friends.
- Fully equipped laundry with a washing machine, dryer and lots of storage space.
- Gas heating and evaporative cooling throughout the home for year round comfort.
- The SDA provider is Homes Victoria.
- Available bedroom is in the rear three-bedroom unit.
- Built-in wardrobes.
- Plenty of natural light.
The current residents are two males, aged 25-30 years. They enjoy gaming, cooking, AFL, being in the garden and socialising. The available bedroom is suitable for females and males who are independent and enjoy spending time in their local community. They prefer a low level of staff support.
The home is staffed with a sleepover model of support. Our highly training staff support residents to develop a wide range of skills, supporting them to live the life they choose.
Residents can participate in our Eating Well for Better Health program which involves education for residents and staff on healthy menu planning and preparation, as well as the health benefits of consuming nutritionally-rich food.
You must be 18+ years old and also have approved SDA funding in your NDIS plan to be eligible for this vacancy. The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities. The applicant or their important person will need to establish a Residential Agreement.
Location and proximity to amenities
- Five-minutes drive to Northland shopping centre, Preston Market and local amenities
- Five-minutes drive to both Preston and Bell train stations
- Close to a number of parklands and Darebin Creek
- Less than 10-minutes drive to Austin Hospital
- On-street parking available.