What we provide
Yooralla is committed to supporting our volunteers and valuing their contribution to the clients and the organisation.
We want all volunteers to feel happy, safe and - most of all - feel that they are using their skills and experience to provide opportunities for others. Yooralla volunteers are not expected to do the work of a paid employee, rather enhance the programs and activities with their passion and enthusiasm.
There are many reasons why people chose to volunteer.
- To make a difference in people’s lives.
- To promote personal growth and self-esteem.
- You get a chance to contribute and strengthen the community.
- To gain professional experience.
- To learn and discover hidden talents and passions
How to Apply
Are you ready to start your volunteering journey with Yooralla?
To get started, view our current opportunities and click the APPLY NOW button on any volunteering position that interests you.
What can I do?
What are your strengths, skills and passions? Yooralla offers a large number of services to people with disability and you can volunteer across the organisastion.
Community Hubs & Supportsexpand_more
Yooralla has 16 hubs across Melbourne, where clients can meet new people, pursue their own interests or get out in the local community.
Some of the things we can support clients with include:
- health and well-being: taking part in sports or exercise classes along learning about healthy eating
- developing life skills: money management, public transport and technology training
- leisure and recreation, and
- developing job skills
Find out more about Yooralla's Community Hubs.
Do you like group activities, such as camps, workshops or courses? Volunteering with Yooralla's Recreation services is perfect if you have a passion for:
- creating adventure
- fun, and
- health and wellbeing through social and recreational activities.
Learn more about Recreation services at Yooralla.
Head office and administrationexpand_more
Do you have experience and skills in administration? Give back by helping with specific tasks in our offices.
Would you enjoy working with being engaged with a group of people with similar goals and interests in their home?
Activities would generally be run in the evening and include:
- age appropriate book clubs
- arts and crafts
- writing club, and
Learn more about Accommodation services at Yooralla.
Would you like to help support individuals, families and carers with respite programs and activities? We work with all ages and provide facility and community based programs.
Learn more about Respite services at Yooralla.