Working as a Registered Nurse at VASS
Are you looking for a role that applies your clinical skills, yet gives you the opportunity to see best possible outcome of person centred care?
At Yooralla, we are recruiting for Registered Nurses (RN’s) to join our state-wide Ventilator Accommodation Support Service (VASS) in Melbourne’s north.
This unique service was purpose built for people who are dependent on mechanical ventilators and require high-level 24-hour support. It is the only one of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere.
If you have experience in respiratory or ventilator management, intensive care or advanced acute care and are keen to get ‘off the ward’ then read on.
At Yooralla, our RN’s bring a holistic approach to their job where they support a customer’s physical and medical supports, while they live in a home-like environment.
VASS is a unique environment where customers are supported by both RN’s and a dedicated team of trained disability support workers. Working together, your expert clinical skills are highly valued and contribute to the customer’s quality of life and achieving their goals. At VASS, we’re about complete care…not a task list.
Download: VASS Registered Nurse - Job advertisement (PDF, 180kb) 181kb VAC-1588_RRSS-VASS-RN-Clarendon-Advert.pdf
Download: VASS Registered Nurse - Position description (PDF, 238kb) 240kb Registered-Nurse-Disability-Services-October-2016-PD.pdf
So why join Yooralla as an RN?
- Enhance your medical skills, in a home based person-centered environment
- Know that you’re making a meaningful difference to the lives of people living with disability and chronic illness.
- Not meeting new patients every shift, every day, instead you will be supporting the same people with high and complex needs.
- Increase your professional network with the state wide service providers and key stakeholders in the area of respiratory and ventilation. Keep your skills up to date with intensive ventilator and respiratory training through Yooralla’s onsite educator.
- Know that the role provides autonomy and leadership, giving you experience for career advancement.
- Share and build your knowledge with a dedicated team of registered nurses and disability support workers.
- Join an organisation that has been supporting people with disability to live the life they choose for 100 years.
Sounds like the role for you?
If you would like more information contact Lani Gair at Yooralla on 03 9666 4500 or email email@example.com.