Register your interest now!
We are seeking expressions of interest from the Yooralla and wider disability communities to join Yooralla’s Community Partnership Advisory Committee (YCPAC). YCPAC provides guidance to Yooralla’s Board, to ensure our services reflect the needs and wants of the people we support.
About Yooralla’s Community Partnership Advisory Committee (YCPAC)
Yooralla’s Community Partnership Advisory Committee (YCPAC) brings the voices and perspective of people with lived experience of disability, to support the design and delivery of Yooralla’s services – to ensure they reflect the diverse needs and wants of our community.
As part of YCPAC, members review and provide guidance to Yooralla’s Board on various strategic and operational matters. This includes providing feedback and advice on relevant decisions that are brought to YCPAC members before Yooralla Board meetings. Recent examples include:
- Feedback on a paper in support of The Voice
- Employment Coach for Customised Employment, and
- In principle changes to Supported Employee Wages.
YCPAC also provides the opportunity for constructive dialogue between Yooralla and clients, families and supporters on current matters, and when co-designing and implementing change. The input of the YCPAC members is vital in Yooralla’s decision making, providing valuable review of issues key to service delivery and improvement.
Current members of YCPAC include clients, family representatives and carers. We currently have two positions available for people in the wider disability community (those who are not Yooralla clients or their family members).
YCPAC meets bi-monthly, five times per year. Each meeting is 90 minutes duration. Meetings can be attended either in person at Yooralla’s Head Office - 595 Collins Street, Melbourne or online.
Persons with disability will be renumerated for their participation.
Applications are now open to join YCPAC
We are seeking expressions of interest to join YCPAC from:
- Yooralla clients and/or their family members – three vacancies
- Members of Victorian disability community (i.e. who are not Yooralla clients or family members) – two vacancies.
If you (or someone you know) are committed to the provision of quality, safe and accessible support services for people with disability, please consider applying.
Applications close on November 2023
How to Apply
For more information, please contact:
Download the Expression of Interest form
YCPAC items discussed in 2022/2023
Items discussed at recent YCPAC meetings include:
- Wages for Supported Employees
- Yooralla support for the Voice Referendum
- SIL Review and Recommendations
- Redress Scheme
- Customised Employment
- Matched Giving Day
- Informed Decision Making (Supported Decision Making)
- Yooralla’s Leadership Development Program
- Review of Complaints processes
- Client Experience Survey
- (Client) Outcome Measurement and Goal Attainment
- Building a Lived Experience Advisory team
- Co-design and Co-design framework
- Client Charter of Rights and Responsibilities
- Client Choice Awards.