We want to empower our clients to speak up and have a say in their life, through new Keys to Success self-advocacy training.
The training, facilitated by VALID is open to current Yooralla clients who want to:
- increase their independence
- make more of their own decisions, and
- speak up about what they want and don’t want to do
The training course will take place in late May at Yooralla’s Box Hill service, and will cover topics such as rights and responsibilities, self-advocacy, and ways to get your voice heard. The course will also be held at other locations later in the year.
Family members, regular support workers or supporters can also attend some of the sessions, so they can support participants to take charge of their lives.
Clients will attend:
- 4 two-hour workshop training sessions
- 4 one-hour follow up sessions (June onwards)
Client’s family member and/or paid supporter will attend:
- 1 two-hour training session without you (in May)
- 2 one-hour follow up sessions with you (June onwards)
The training course is open to 12 motivated participants, with each participant receiving a workbook and a copy of the PowerPoint presentation.
Contact Project Coordinator Satu Aho on 03 9916 5770 on firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest or for more information.