Highett Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
This quiet home features two separate living areas, an outdoor patio and is perfectly located in the heart of Highett! Support is currently provided in the mornings, evenings and overnight but is based on individual needs.
About the home
- There are two bedrooms currently available in this home
- Five bedroom, fully accessible home
- Hand rails in the hallway for ease of movement
- Open-plan kitchen and dining area
- Two shared living areas, perfect for socialising with housemates and visitors or relaxing in
- Two shared bathrooms. The main bathroom is fully accessible with a bath and stepless shower
- Large, separate laundry
- Ducted heating and cooling throughout the home for year round comfort
- Small outdoor patio and garden area
- The home has ceiling hoist capability and the capacity to automate doors and windows in future
- The SDA design category for this home is: Fully Accessible
- The SDA provider is Homes Victoria.
- Generous built-in wardrobes
- Ducted heating and cooling.
The current residents are women over the age of 40 years. They enjoy spending time with their housemates, especially over craftwork. They also enjoy attending local community activities.
Support in the home is currently provided in the mornings, afternoons and overnight. However, support is available based on individual needs. Staff are trained in supporting people with manual handling, epilepsy and diabetes.
You must be 18+ years old and also have approved SDA funding in your NDIS plan to be eligible for this home. The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities. The applicant or their important person will need to establish a Residential Agreement.
Get to know your housemates
Rhonda, Denise and Mandy, who live in our Highett Supported Independent Living (SIL) home, love Halloween. So, they decided to celebrate with a fang-tastic Halloween-themed party at home on 31 October 2023.
Location and proximity to amenities
- Bus stop one block away
- Highett Road shopping strip is just around the corner, with train station, supermarket, restaurants, cafés and allied health services
- 10-minute walk to Southland Shopping Centre
- A number of parks and nature reserves located close by
- 10-minutes drive to Sandringham, Hampton and Half Moon Bay beaches.