It is a historic time for the disability community, with the release of the Disability Royal Commission’s Final Report last Friday, 29 September.
Yooralla recognises the efforts of all who campaigned to make this comprehensive inquiry a reality. We especially acknowledge the courage of the many people with disability and their families, as well as advocates, who, over the past four years, told their stories and experiences.
There is much to review and process in the twelve volumes of the report by the Commission that have been tabled in Parliament and now published.
We will continue to listen, be guided and led by the experience of people with disability in prioritising our future actions as an organisation. We are confident that in regular dialogue and collaboration with people with disability, we can respond positively and strongly to the findings of the report.
We understand that the release of the final report will be distressing for many in the community. Listed below are some sources of support and ways to give feedback to Yooralla.
- Lifeline Australia – call 13 11 14 or visit www.lifeline.org.au
- Blue Knot National Counselling and Referral Service (Disability) – call 1800 421 468 or visit http://www.blueknot.org.au/national-counselling-referral-service-disability/
- Beyond Blue – call 1300 224 636 or visit www.beyondblue.org.au
- Carers Gateway – call 1800 422 737 or visit www.carergateway.gov.au
- Your Call - call 1300 788 712 or visit www.yourcall.com.au
- Yooralla Feedback - https://www.yooralla.com.au/contact-us/feedback/
Read the full report
To access the Final Report of the Disability Royal Commission, visit the Disability Royal Commission website and download the volumes from the menu.