What to expect
- Acknowledgement of your application Once submitted, you will receive an email confirming that Yooralla has received your job application.
- Recorded video interview We will send you a link to participate in a short video interview, where you will be asked to record your answers on a video recording. The questions will give you the opportunity to help us understand:
- why you would like to work for Yooralla
- how you would support people with disability in a few different scenarios, and
- how you work with your colleagues.
The video interview should take you approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- Tell us if you need any specific workplace support Once you return your video interview and it is assessed by our recruitment team, we will ask you to complete an inherent requirement form. The purpose of this form is so you can tell us how we can accommodate and support you when working at Yooralla. For example, if you have a disability and require adjustments to your workspace.
- Online literacy and numeracy test You will need to complete a short online literacy and numeracy test with a member of our recruitment team.
- Interview or group assessment session Next, we will start matching your skills and experience with an appropriate service within Yooralla. You may be invited to complete an interview with the manager of the service; or attend a group information and assessment session.
- Candidate screening At this point, if you are successful in the interview or assessment session, we would like to offer you a role at Yooralla. But first, we will need you to complete some background checks, such as providing us with identification documents, evidence of the right to work, a NDIS Worker Screening Check, First Aid certification, CPR certification and if required by your role, a Working with Children Check. We will also ask about your availability and in what areas of Yooralla you want to work.
- Offer of employment Once we have matched you to a Yooralla service and your background checks are complete and successful, we will make you an offer of employment. Congratulations!
- Yooralla induction The next step is to complete Yooralla’s comprehensive induction program. This involves online and face-to-face training in areas such as person-centred support, manual handling, medication administration and human rights.
- Onboarding and on-the-job training We will also support you by ensuring you are properly onboarded at the service you are working. This includes shadow shifts (where you work with another DSW), specific medication training, manual handling training and any further learning specific to the needs of your particular service.
If you are unsuccessful during any stage of the recruitment process, you will be contacted by a member of Yooralla’s Recruitment team.