At Yooralla, we are committed to providing safety, quality and wellbeing to every person who uses our services.
We seek to ensure the human rights of all people with disability who use our services are upheld in accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
Yooralla’s Quality, Innovations & Safeguards (QIS) unit has responsibility for developing, leading and coordinating the quality, safeguards and empowerment models of support across the organisation.
The QIS unit aims to ensure Yooralla prioritises:
- upholding the rights of people to be free from abuse
- preventing and reducing incidents of abuse
- improving outcomes for individuals.
How we're upholding safeguards
In all our work, our values are at the centre of everything we do. As such, we apply our strong client-focus, courage, authenticity, accountability, respect and passion to upholding our safeguards.
We have undertaken an extensive program to unearth instances of abuse and to embed a safeguards and rights framework within Yooralla.
View Yooralla's policies in regards to customer wellbeing and safeguards, staff employment and conduct, and business operations.
The 2019 Customer Satisfaction Survey
The 2019 Customer Satisfaction Survey followed previous surveys conducted by Yooralla in 2015, 2016 and 2017, however unlike the earlier surveys, where a sample of customers was chosen at random, in 2019 all customers who receive residential support services or who attend a community hub were invited to complete the survey.
The 2019 survey showed that:
- 94% of respondents were either satisfied or very satisfied with the services they receive from Yooralla.
- 94% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed with the statement that "staff understand my needs".
- 92% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed with the statement that "staff help me work towards my goals."
- 88% of respondents agreed with the statement that "staff tell me about changes that are happening with the services I use".
- 95% of respondents agreed with the statement that "staff explain things to me clearly".
Please view the full report (Download, Word 866kb) on the 2019 Customer Satisfaction Survey findings and how they compare to previous surveys.
Safeguards training for staff
Yooralla reinforces the highest level of quality and safeguards to all staff through our ongoing extensive training that focusses on the rights of people with disability.